Access to standards
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) has developed a website that allows users to access CSA standards referenced in federal, provincial, and territorial OHS Regulations.
Users need to create an account on the CSA Communities website to access these standards. The site allows users to view and/or purchase standards referenced in the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
Many other standards are available online, with or without registration:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- BC Laws
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)
- Health Canada (HC) Safety Codes
- International Organization for Standards (ISO)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
In addition, some standards can be purchased, or may be available at your public library.