Report payroll & pay premiums
As an employer, your responsibilities include reporting your payroll and paying your premiums; even if you have zero payroll or owe zero premiums, you must still report your payroll. We offer a number of convenient ways for you to do so.
Before you begin
First, review our dates and deadlines to get a sense of when you need to report your payroll and pay premiums.
You'll need the following information:
- Your WorkSafeBC account number and payroll report ID. You'll find these on your payroll report.
- Your payroll records for the previous year or quarter, including:
- The total wages and salaries paid to workers, including shareholders' earnings.
- The total payments to contractors and unregistered subcontractors in the previous year or quarter. In some circumstances, an equipment allowance may be claimed against unregistered subcontractors' earnings.
- The names of workers and active shareholders who have earned more than the maximum assessable earnings for the reporting year (the maximum is listed on your form). See the Assessable earnings guide for more details.
- A credit card or your bank account information, if you want to make a payment or set up a payment method.
How to report payroll and pay premiums
If you report your payroll online, you will not need to send us a hard copy of your form. You should keep track of any transaction reference numbers for your records.
Online services account
By signing up for an online services account with WorkSafeBC, you can report payroll and pay premiums online and take advantage of the many other benefits in our online services. We are currently enhancing our online services, using feedback from employers, to make them easier and faster.
To start online reporting and pay premiums, log in to or create an account for online services and select Report payroll and pay premiums.Log in or create an account
Fast File and Pay
If you don’t have an online account, you can still use our Fast File and Pay application to report your payroll and pay your premiums online. This application may be an option for you if you don’t want to sign up for an online services account to access our full range of online services, which have recently been enhanced and improved.
Before using this application, please be aware that:
- If you intend to report payroll, you will need to have your annual payroll report or quarterly remittance form on hand.
- Payroll reports are only accepted for the current reporting period.
- You cannot use this application to amend a payroll report you have already submitted.
- Payment is accepted by credit card using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. If you intend to make a payment, make sure you have your credit card information ready.
Methods of payment
You can make your payments in the following ways:
|Online||Log in to your online services account and pay by credit card or direct debit. Please note that credit card payments are limited to $10,000 or less.
|Fast File and Pay
||Online credit card payment limited to $10,000 or less.
|At your financial institution||Please allow five days for processing. Also, please note that some financial institutions require you to have a bank account at their branch in order for you to make a payment.|
|At your nearest WorkSafeBC office
||Visit the office location closest to you to pay. All offices accept payment by cheque and money order. Our Richmond office also accepts payment by debit card (excluding Visa debit), credit card and cash. Credit card and cash payments are limited to $10,000 or less.|
||Please send your payment stub and write your account number on the front of your cheque. The cheque is payable to: WorkSafeBC Assessment Receivables, PO Box 9600 Stn Terminal, Vancouver BC V6B 5J5. Please allow for mailing time and five days for processing.|
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any other credit card or Visa debit at this time.
Return your completed form
Even if you have nil payroll, you must complete and return your entire remittance form to WorkSafeBC by the due date printed on the top right-hand corner of your form.
If you pay by mail, return the entire form, including the payment stub, in the envelope provided with your form. If you pay at your bank, be sure to send the top portion of the form in the envelope or fax it to us at 604.244.6490 by the due date.