Manage a claim
Managing your claim is part of being an active participant in your recovery from a work-related injury or illness. Our secure online service makes this easy, and our Claims team will support you throughout your claim.
Depending on the nature of your injury or illness, we may:
- Assist with your treatment plan
- Act as a contact with your health care providers and employer
- Provide resources to help with your recovery
- Help you with identifying a plan for recovering at work or making a safe return to work
Tips for workers
Here are some suggestions to help you manage your claim:
- If you're off work, keep in regular contact with your employer about your recovery and returning to work.
- Create an online services account to view information about your claim (to learn more about setting up your online services account, please watch this video) or call us at 1.888.967.5377. We're also always available to assist you.
- Provide your claim number to your health care provider(s).
- Keep all original receipts for prescriptions and other health care benefits.
- Ask your health care providers to recommend activities you can do to help your recovery, and those you need to avoid.
- Sign up for direct deposit if you receive compensation for lost wages.
Staying in contact with us
We are always available to answer your questions and discuss any concerns. Please check in with us every two weeks, unless you have other instructions from us. Keep your claim and personal access numbers handy when calling us.
Contact us if:
- You have any concerns about your recovery
- You'll be travelling while receiving wage-loss benefits
- You're off work due to your injury or illness and you return to work in any capacity or earn income
- You're off work and your employer offers you modified, alternate, or transitional work while you're unable to perform your regular duties
- You are unable to attend a specialist appointment or any other medical appointment we have arranged for you
If you disagree with a claim decision
If you don’t understand a decision, have a concern with any decision we make, or have new information that may affect a decision, you can:
- Ask us to explain and/or reconsider the decision
- Request a review of the decision
We’re able to reconsider a decision on a claim within 75 days of the date of the decision. You can call the person who made the decision and they will explain the reasons for the decision and/or consider any additional information you provide. If you still disagree with a decision after speaking with us, you can request a review by the Review Division within 90 days of the date of the decision.