Occupational Health & Safety
The following five documents are essential to understanding and meeting the minimum requirements for occupational health and safety in B.C.
- Workers Compensation Act (B.C.) excerpts and summaries (Act)
- Hazardous Products Act (Canada) summaries (HPA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR)
- Prevention Manual (policies)
- OHS Guidelines, to help interpret and apply the OHSR and the Act
The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and Part 3 of the Workers Compensation Act contain OHS legal requirements that must be met by all workplaces under the inspection jurisdiction of WorkSafeBC. Some sections of the Act and OHSR have associated OHS Guidelines and OHS Policies.