WorkSafeBC Home

Self-employed proprietors or partners

If you are self-employed and operate as a proprietor or a partner in a partnership, you may be eligible to purchase optional coverage to cover your lost salary and medical expenses if you are injured on the job as the result of your work.

There is no requirement for you to register for coverage if you are self-employed and do not hire any workers or unregistered subcontractors.

Find out if you are eligible to apply for Personal Optional Protection (POP).