WorkSafeBC Home

Optional coverage

If you're not required to have WorkSafeBC coverage (for example, you're a self-employed proprietor, proprietor's spouse, a partner in a partnership, an exempt homeowner, or out of province firm), you may want to buy optional insurance coverage so you're protected if you or your worker are injured on the job. Eligible individuals can apply for Personal Optional Protection (POP), Voluntary Coverage, and Voluntary Spousal Coverage.