WorkSafeBC Home


If you are a physician in British Columbia we have a streamlined process to determine whether you are required or eligible to register with WorkSafeBC.

As a physician you are required to register with WorkSafeBC if you hire workers or operate through an incorporated company.

You may not be eligible for coverage as a physician if you receive a T4 Statement of Remuneration or provide your services to a health services authority under a salary agreement.

Whether or not you need coverage depends on how you choose to operate. To determine your status as a physician, please complete the Physician registration form. Completed forms can be emailed to

To learn more about how to determine if you are an employer and how to apply to register with WorkSafeBC, see Physician Guide to WorkSafeBC Registration and Insurance Coverage.