I hire & pay workers

You are required to register for WorkSafeBC insurance coverage if you own a business that hires one or more workers on a full-time, part-time, casual, or contract basis.

When you're registered, all of your workers are insured, including:

  • Some contractors who would be considered your worker
  • Your children, if they work for you and are paid by your business

If your spouse is a paid worker in your proprietorship, they are not covered. However, you may apply for spousal coverage.