This is the place to start if you're a secondary school career education or apprenticeship educator. Student WorkSafe resources are designed to support the B.C. career education curricula and include features to meet a variety of educational needs:
- The activities are adaptable to a variety of instructional settings, allowing educators to use the materials in whole class, small group, and independent learning solutions.
- The activities provide for student choice and flexibility, enabling students to personalize their learning by focusing on topics that are most relevant to their education and career goals.
- The resource offers opportunities for students to think critically about workplace safety, and to relate workplace safety concepts to other areas of their lives — at school, at home, and in the community.
The Student WorkSafe 10–12 resource package consists of the following components:
- Resources for Teachers — three instructional modules and support materials for educators to deliver learning activities in a wide range of education settings
- Independent Learning Guide — for students working on their own as part of a self-directed learning plan or distance education course
- Student resource page — worksheets, online resources, and links to print and video materials to support the various activities in both the Teacher Guide and the Independent Learning Guide
- A Workplace Safety Knowledge Test and Answer Key — for summative assessment of student learning
- A Workplace Safety Certificate for students' use as evidence of learning for school or workplace purposes