We provide funding for academic study and practical, innovative projects through four different grant categories.
When a new research funding opportunity is launched, all of the application information can be found on the applicable grant category page. Review the grant schedule on the Research opportunities page for competition timelines.
Our Research Grant Program categories:
- Research Training Awards: Supporting graduate students at the master’s and doctoral level, with a focus on occupational health and safety
- Ralph McGinn Postdoctoral Fellowship: Supporting doctoral graduates training for careers as academic researchers
- Applied Innovation: Supporting research projects leading to practical solutions in the workplace
- Proof of Principle and Prototyping: A funding stream within Applied Innovation that supports early-stage tools and technology projects that solve practical workplace problems
- Specific Priorities/Systematic Reviews: Supporting research of immediate relevance that addresses key questions in occupational health and safety