If you receive a research grant, you will need to sign a formal contribution agreement with us. The agreement will lay out the specific conditions of your award and any related requirements.
All standard terms and conditions, set out in Schedules A-F, shall apply to projects funded through Research Services. Some exceptions may apply. These schedules are provided for reference only and are subject to change.
- Research Grant Agreement
- Schedule A: Research Project
- Schedule A-1: Research Project Workplan
- Schedule B: Research Grant Funding
- Schedule C: Statement of Account
- Schedule D: Reports
- Schedule E: Privacy Protection Schedule
- Guidelines for allowable travel expenses
Ethical & biosafety requirements
Grant recipients and their organizations are responsible for observing all ethical guidelines concerning experimentation with human or animal subjects or the handling of biohazardous material. If your project involves human subjects or biological materials, you will need to provide the necessary certificates.
We may be able to accept approval certificates after an application deadline has passed, but funds cannot be released until we have received all required approvals.
For guidance on seeking ethics approval, you can consult the following resources:
- BC Ethics Harmonization Initiative
- SFU Research Ethics Review Committee
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- UBC Research Ethics Review
- UVic Human Research Ethics Board