WorkSafeBC Home

Basics of working with WorkSafeBC

Injured workers depend on WorkSafeBC's partnership with health care providers to help them recover from work-related injuries and disease. We may refer a worker to you, or a worker may contact you directly. To work with us, you'll need to understand our claims process, and follow our treatment, reporting, and billing requirements.

Information for your health care practice

We provide health care providers with all the information you need to become a provider, treat injured workers, and then invoice us for your services. For the specific details for your practice, visit Health Care Provider Types or Rehabilitation Programs & Services.

Treating injured workers

When a worker comes to you for treatment, ask if the worker has started a claim with us. If no claim has been started, please direct the worker to contact us.

Once a claim has been started, check to see if it has been accepted before beginning treatment. We can tell you whether the claim has been accepted or not. You can check claim status online by using your payee number, and the worker's Personal Health Number and WorkSafeBC claim number, or contact the Teleclaim team.

When treatments are approved, please follow our guidelines for your health care practice. Once you have a payee number, please include it in all your communications with us, such as reports and invoices.

If you need an interpreter, translator or sign language expert when treating workers, let us know. We can connect you with our network of approved providers located throughout B.C.

Submitting reports and invoices

We have specific reporting and billing instructions for each of our health care providers. Using our online billing options or our forms and sending us all the required information on your reports and invoices will help you receive faster payment.

For the specific requirements for your practice, visit Health Care Provider Types or Rehabilitation Programs & Services. For more information on accessing our reporting and invoicing tools, see Billing and reporting.

Need more information?

We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Services team.