When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include the services of a massage therapist. Our massage therapy guidelines explain the treatments you can provide, and what you can bill for.
Massage therapy guidelines
Some key points to remember:
- A doctor's referral is required for you to begin treating an injured worker.
- The injured worker must have an accepted claim with us.
- You don't need our pre-approval in the first eight weeks after the worker's injury. You can provide up to 12 treatments within those first eight weeks.
- We do not pay for more than one treatment per day.
- We don't set “per session” treatment durations. The length of each session is up to your clinical discretion.
- You bill us, not the worker.
Need more information?
We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Services team.