When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include the services of a massage therapist. Our massage therapy guidelines explain the treatments you can provide, and what you can bill for.
Massage therapy guidelines
Some key points to remember:
- A doctor's referral is required for you to begin treating an injured worker.
- The injured worker must have an accepted claim with us.
- You don't need our pre-approval in the first eight weeks after the worker's injury. You can provide up to 12 treatments within those first eight weeks.
- We do not pay for more than one treatment per day.
- We don't set “per session” treatment durations. The length of each session is up to your clinical discretion.
- You bill us, not the worker.
Need more information?
We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Programs team.
Paperless invoicing for providers coming soon
In the coming months, we will be introducing a new online portal for health care providers who currently submit paper invoices by fax or mail. The new portal is designed to make submitting invoices more convenient and efficient, and is part of our ongoing work to improve our online services to health care providers.AnnouncementPublished on: Jul 03, 2020