WorkSafeBC Home

Interpretation, translation & sign language services

When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include consultation with an interpreter, translator, or sign language professional.

Interpretation services

When an injured worker can't speak or understand English well enough to navigate the claims process or get health care, we can provide interpretation services. The sessions can take place in person or by phone, including conference calls.

Translation services

We hire translators when our own documents need to be translated into another language.

Sign language services

We can provide sign language professionals to help the deaf or hard of hearing successfully communicate with us, and with health care providers.

Services for health care providers

If you're a health care provider who needs an interpreter, translator or sign language expert to help an injured worker, please call our Health Care Services team.

Need more information?

We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Services team.


  • Paperless invoicing for providers coming soon

    In the coming months, we will be introducing a new online portal for health care providers who currently submit paper invoices by fax or mail. The new portal is designed to make submitting invoices more convenient and efficient, and is part of our ongoing work to improve our online services to health care providers.

    Published on: Jul 03, 2020