Our mandate, vision, mission, goals & values
We are committed to creating a province free from workplace injury or illness, and to providing service driven by our core values of integrity, accountability, and innovation. By partnering with workers and employers, we help British Columbians come home from work safe every day.
We partner with employers and workers in B.C. to do the following:
- Promote the prevention of workplace injury, illness, and disease
- Rehabilitate those who are injured, and provide timely return to work
- Provide fair compensation to replace workers' loss of wages while recovering from injuries
- Ensure sound financial management for a viable workers' compensation system
Safe and healthy workplaces. Compassionate and responsive service.
Prevent workplace injury, illness, and death, and support injured workers through fair compensation and effective rehabilitation.
- Foster the improvement of occupational health and safety in workplaces and communities
- Improve service to stakeholders by:
- Improving return-to-work outcomes, disability prevention, overall customer service, accessibility, and public confidence
- Improving adjudicative decision-making throughout the organization, ensuring stakeholders receive their full legal entitlements
- Maintain the cost-effectiveness and accountability of the services we deliver
- Maintain financial security, sustainability, and stability
Accountability: We are responsible for our actions, delivering on our mission in a responsive, open, and transparent way.
Compassion: We work to understand the unique needs of those we serve, showing we care at every step.
Excellence: We strive for excellence, continuously improving by being innovative and challenging norms.
Integrity: We are open, honest, and fair, building trust with every interaction.
Respect: We foster an environment in which each individual is valued and heard, demonstrating equity, diversity, and inclusivity in our work.