WorkSafeBC Home

Out-of-province providers

When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include consultation with an out-of-province provider.

Becoming a provider

There's no formal process to become one of our out-of-province service providers. If an injured worker from B.C. seeks treatment from you, you must get our pre-approval for treatment. We may require you to sign documents with us. We may ask about your qualifications and accreditations.

Getting approval for treatment

Before beginning treatment, you need to complete two steps:

Steps for treatment approval

  1. 1

    Check that we have accepted the worker's claim.

    You can check the claim status online.

  2. 2

    Get our verbal approval each time for treatments.

    Please note that checking online won't get you the necessary verbal approval for treatment. You'll need to call our Teleclaim team for this.

Need more information?

We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Services team.