Naturopathic physicians

When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include consultation with a naturopathic physician.

WorkSafeBC does not pay for naturopathic remedies, treatments, or dietary supplements without prior approval.

WorkSafeBC covers up to eight weeks of naturopathic treatment for most compensable personal injuries, occupational diseases, or mental disorders. Based on a review of the evidence, we may pay for an extension of treatment beyond eight weeks. To request an extension, please submit a Progress Report (form 11N) . You must receive approval before continuing treatment.

Becoming a provider

There's no formal process or contract required for naturopathic physicians to work with us. You need to be a registered practitioner with the College of Naturopathic Doctors of B.C., and have a payee number with us.

Your first step in working with us as a new provider is to get a payee number, which you'll use in all communications with us. To get your payee number, please contact our Procurement Services team.

Before beginning treatment, check that we have accepted the worker's claim. You can check the claim status online.

View claim status

Need more information?

We want to make sure you have all the information you need to work with us as a health care provider. If you have questions, please contact us for help. You can also download a copy of our contact information.

Question about: Please contact:
Your payee information Procurement Services
Invoicing or billing Payment Services
Information about a claim Claims Call Centre
Understanding the clinical services within the scope of the fee schedule Health Care Programs