WorkSafeBC Home

Becoming a provider

There's no formal process to become one of our dental services providers. You don't have to sign any documents. If you're a dentist with a client who was injured at work, all you have to do is follow the fees outlined in the B.C. Dental Association fee guide. Similarly, if you’re a denturist with a client who has a compensable injury requiring denture work, you must follow the fees outlined in the current Denturist Association of B.C. (DABC) fee guide.

Getting started

Your first step in working with us is to get a payee number, which you'll use in all communications with us. To get your payee number, please contact our Procurement Services team.

Getting approval for treatment

If it's an emergency, please contact the claim owner for verbal authorization. If you don’t know who the claim owner is, please contact our Claims Call Centre to gather this information. If that's not possible, begin treatment but let workers know that they'll be responsible for the cost if we don't approve the claim.

If it's not an emergency, you need to complete the following two steps before before beginning treatment:

Steps for treatment approval

  1. 1

    Check that we have accepted the worker's claim.

    You can check the claim status online.

  2. 2

    Get our pre-approval for treatment.

    Send us a Standard Dental Claim Form

    You can fax it to us at 604.233.9777 (toll-free 1.888.922.8807) or mail it to:

    PO Box 94460, Station Main
    Richmond, BC   V6X 8V6
    Attention: Dental Consultant