WorkSafeBC Home

Becoming a provider

If you're an acupuncturist, a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner or a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, you must be a registrant in good standing with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncturists of British Columbia to work with us.

If you're a physician or physiotherapist, you can provide acupuncture as part of your regular treatment modalities and bill according to your contract with us.

Getting started

If you don’t have an HIBC MSP number, you need to get a payee number, which you'll use in all communications with us. To get your payee number, contact our Procurement Services team.

After that, please follow the Acupuncture Fee Schedule and our processes for submitting reports and invoices.