Submitting reports and invoices
Billing us electronically through My Provider Services is the fastest way for you to get paid. Our fee schedule explains our rates for acupuncture, and you can check your payment status online.
Fee schedule and invoicing guidelines
Our fee schedule sets out the rates we pay for your services.
When invoicing us, please follow these guidelines:
- Treatment services will be paid on accepted claims only.
- Treatment beyond eight weeks from the date of injury must be approved before invoicing for services.
- Services will only be paid for treatment of areas that are accepted on the claim.
- The worker is responsible for paying for treatment on non-claim related areas. We recommend scheduling treatment to non-claim areas separately.
- Additional fees cannot be charged to an injured worker (e.g., rehabilitation equipment, user or administration fees).
- We do not pay for missed, late, or cancelled appointments.
- Invoices must be submitted within 90 days from the date of service.
- Physiotherapists receive no additional payment for acupuncture.
- Physicians provide acupuncture as part of the office visit. There is no extra fee or tray fee.
We may request a report — if we do, it must be submitted within five days of the request. Please use our form to send us the information and follow the instructions the top of the form for completing and submitting it.
- For reporting, use Generic Report - Medical and Health Care Form 83D51 (Word doc)
Billing us electronically through My Provider Services is the fastest way for you to get paid. You can also use this online portal to save draft invoices, attach additional documents to your invoice, get confirmation when we receive an invoice, and see status and payment details.
To get started, you’ll need to set up an online services account with us. To learn more, watch this video for instructions on setting up your My Provider Services account.
Checking your payment status
The fastest, easiest way to check the status of your invoice is through our online check invoice status tool.
If you need more detailed invoice data, you can use My Provider Services, which allows you to filter invoices by date range, invoice number, or claim number.
Need more information?
We're here to help. Contact our Payment Services team.