Hire a Worker program
Our Hire a Worker program connects B.C. employers with skilled and motivated workers who are ready to take on new opportunities after recovering from an injury. The program is a no-cost service that’s designed to help support employers like you in hiring the right workers for your business. It can also help reduce your usual recruitment and training costs and provide workers with the opportunity to return to work and earn a fair income.
- Access to skilled workers: You’ll be matched with candidates from a pool of experienced workers who are ready to join the workforce in your industry.
- Customized program support: We’ll support you throughout the recruitment, job placement and training process. This includes developing a customized training plan to ensure success for both you and your new worker.
- Paid work assessment: The program offers a fully-funded work assessment period. Following this, you can participate in a cost-shared, training-on-the-job incentive.
- Support for job-related expenses: We can help you cover other job-related expenses for the worker, such as tuition for courses or ergonomic aids, as required.
How to get started
Our Vocational Rehabilitation Services team can work with you to help fill your available job opportunities and answer any questions you may have.
Submit a request with a new job opportunity or any questions and a member of our team will contact you.
We’ve successfully partnered with employers in a variety of industries to find them motivated and skilled workers who went on to become long-standing employees. Read more about how these employers have benefited from participating in our Hire a Worker program.
- Hire a Worker program drives Gold Star Professional Driving School forward
- Ventana Construction adds Hire a Worker program to its recruitment tool kit