Consultation on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
The Policy, Regulation and Research Division is requesting feedback on the proposed amendments to Part 16, Mobile Equipment, together with consequential amendments to 9 other Parts, of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments being taken to public hearing in spring of 2019.
You can access the information by clicking on the regulatory package below. A cross-reference between current Part 16 sections and proposed Part 16 sections has also been provided.
Proposed deletions are identified with a
strikethrough, except for Part 16 which is proposed to be repealed and replaced in its entirety, and replacements or additions are highlighted in yellow. Explanatory notes are provided in green, by section. In addition, note the following:
- Existing Part 16 provisions referred to in explanatory notes are identified as “current section X” to distinguish them from proposed provisions;
- Proposed Part 16 provisions are identified simply by their proposed number, without any prefix, or, sometimes for added clarity, by the prefix “new”;
- Existing provisions in other Parts of the OHSR are identified by their current number and proposed new provisions in those Parts are identified by yellow highlighting or by the prefix “new”.
The cross-reference and proposed regulatory amendment package under review:
Submissions can be made online or via email, fax or mail as follows:
This consultation is now closed.
|Email:||OHS Reg Feedback@worksafebc.com|
|Mail:||Policy, Regulation and Research Division
P.O. Box 5350 Station Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 5L5
or toll-free in B.C. 1.877.279.7599
Feedback will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
To make a written submission
Please include the following information in your written submission:
- Your name
- Whether you are submitting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Whether you are commenting from the perspective of a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Your level of support — whether you generally agree, are generally neutral, or generally disagree with the proposed regulatory amendments
- The reasons for your level of support and the section number(s) of the regulation you are commenting on
WorkSafeBC will send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your submission.
All stakeholder feedback is carefully considered and analyzed, and provided to the Board of Directors of WorkSafeBC as part of their decision-making process.
Please be advised that stakeholders will not be contacted regarding the contents of their submissions unless clarification is needed.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Written submissions will be available to the public on the WorkSafeBC website after completion of the consultation process. WorkSafeBC may publish the name of any person making a submission but will not disclose personal contact information. Any other personal information provided in a submission including opinions contained therein, may be disclosed by WorkSafeBC through publication or otherwise in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or by law generally. By providing a submission to WorkSafeBC during this process, submitters thereby consent to disclosure of their personal information. Publication by WorkSafeBC does not equate to endorsement of the views of the submitter.