December 2021 public hearing on proposed changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
WorkSafeBC will be holding a public hearing for proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be holding the public hearing virtually.
The virtual public hearing will be streamed live on December 8, 2021, in two sessions. The first will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the second from 3 to 5 p.m.
Feedback for Public Hearing closed on December 10, 2021.
The virtual hearing will cover proposed changes to the following parts of the OHS Regulation:
- Part 3, Rights and Responsibilities — Reassignment of refused work
- Parts 1, 16, and 28, Housekeeping Amendments
The proposed regulatory amendments are posted above along with explanatory notes. Proposed deletions of regulatory wording are identified with a
strikethrough and additions are highlighted in bold.
We welcome your feedback on the proposals either through written submissions or participation at the virtual public hearing. All feedback received will be presented to WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors for their consideration.
The public consultation phase is separate from the public hearing process. Even if you provided comments during consultation, please make another submission on the proposed changes.
You can provide feedback on the proposed amendments in the following ways:
1. Submit online feedback
To provide online feedback please click on the link for the regulatory amendment package you are interested in and open the proposed amendments. Once opened, please click on the yellow "Online Feedback" button to provide your feedback.
Written submissions will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 10, 2021.
2. Register to speak at the hearing by phone
To register, please call 604.232.7744 or toll-free in B.C. at 1.866.614.7744. One presentation from an organization or individual will be permitted.
A maximum of 10 minutes will be allotted to each person or organization per regulatory amendment package and a maximum of 20 minutes for comments on multiple amendment packages.
When registering, please have the following information available:
- Name of presenter
- Whether you represent a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Whether you are presenting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Preferred session time (morning or afternoon)
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
An email will be sent to you confirming your registration.