Consultation on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
The Policy, Regulation and Research Division is requesting feedback on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments being taken to public hearing.
There are three regulatory amendment packages under review. You will be able to access the information by clicking on each regulatory package below. Proposed deletions are identified with a
strikethrough and additions are highlighted in yellow.
Submissions can be made online or via email, fax or mail as follows:
|Online feedback:||This consultation is now closed.|
|Email:||OHS Reg Feedback@worksafebc.com|
or toll-free in B.C. 1.877.279.7599
|Mail:||Policy, Regulation and Research Division
P.O. Box 5350 Station Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 5L5
Proposed regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Part 8, Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment, section 8.24, High visibility apparel
- Part 20, Construction, Excavation and Demolition, section 20.47, Equipment inspection
- Part 21, Blasting Operations
To make a written submission
Please include the following information in your written submission:
- Your name
- Whether you are submitting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Whether you are commenting from the perspective of a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Your level of support — whether you generally agree, are generally neutral, or generally disagree with the proposed regulatory amendments
- The reasons for your level of support and the section number(s) of the regulation you are commenting on
WorkSafeBC will send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your submission.
All stakeholder feedback is carefully considered and analyzed, and provided to the Board of Directors of WorkSafeBC as part of their decision-making process.
Please be advised that stakeholders will not be contacted regarding the contents of their submissions unless clarification is needed.
Publication and disclosure of personal information
Please note that all comments become part of the Policy, Regulation and Research Division’s database and may be published, including the identity of organizations and those participating on behalf of organizations. The identity of those who have participated on their own behalf will be kept confidential according to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Publication by WorkSafeBC does not mean WorkSafeBC is endorsing the views of the person making the submission.