Consultation on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
The Policy, Regulation and Research Division is requesting feedback on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments being taken to public hearing.
All stakeholder feedback is carefully considered and analyzed, and provided to the Board of Directors of WorkSafeBC as part of their decision-making process.
There are two proposed regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Part 6, Substance Specific Requirements, sections 6.89 – 6.90, Restricted Entry Intervals and Authorization to Enter
- Part 26, Forestry Operations and Similar Activities, sections 26.1, 26.67, 26.68, 26.69
To access the information please click on each regulatory package above. Proposed deletions are identified with a
strikethrough and additions are highlighted in yellow.
Feedback can be provided online or via email, fax or mail as follows:
|This consultation is now closed
|OHS Reg Feedback@worksafebc.com
or toll-free in B.C. 1.877.279.7599
|Policy, Regulation and Research Division
P.O. Box 5350 Station Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 5L5
Feedback will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 27, 2019.
Please include the following information in your comments:
- Your name
- Whether you are submitting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Whether you are commenting from the perspective of a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Your level of support — whether you generally agree, are generally neutral, or generally disagree with the proposed regulatory amendments
- The reasons for your level of support and the section number(s) of the regulation you are commenting on
WorkSafeBC will send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your feedback.
Please be advised that stakeholders will not be contacted regarding their feedback unless clarification is needed.
Online feedback option
To provide online feedback please click on the hyperlink for the regulatory amendment package you are interested in, and open the proposed amendments. Once opened, please click on the yellow "Online Feedback" button to provide your feedback.
Publication and disclosure of personal information
Please note that all comments become part of the Policy, Regulation and Research Division’s database and may be published, including the identity of organizations and those participating on behalf of organizations. The identity of those who have participated on their own behalf will be kept confidential according to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Publication by WorkSafeBC does not mean WorkSafeBC endorses the view(s) of the person making the submission.