Consultation on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
Our Policy, Regulation and Research Division is requesting feedback on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments going to public hearing.
All stakeholder feedback is carefully considered and analyzed, and provided to WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors as part of their decision-making process.
There are two proposed regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Part 7, Noise, Vibration, Radiation and Temperature, section 7.19(1)(b)(i) – exposure limits; and
- Parts 1, 5, 22 and 23, multiple sections – combustible liquids and flammable liquids.
To access the information please click on each regulatory package above. Proposed deletions are identified with a
strikethrough and additions are highlighted in yellow.
You can provide feedback online or via email, fax or mail as follows:
|Online feedback:||Consultation now closed|
|Email:||OHS Reg Feedback@worksafebc.com|
or toll-free in B.C. 1.877.279.7599
|Mail:||Policy, Regulation and Research Division
P.O. Box 5350 Station Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 5L5
Feedback will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Please include the following information in your comments:
- Your name
- Whether you are submitting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Whether you are commenting from the perspective of a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Your level of support — whether you generally agree, are generally neutral, or generally disagree with the proposed regulatory amendments
- The reasons for your level of support and the section number(s) of the regulation you are commenting on
We will send you an acknowledgement when we receive your feedback but will not contact you again unless we need clarification on it.
Online feedback option
To provide online feedback please click on the hyperlink for the regulatory amendment package you are interested in, and open the proposed amendments. Once opened, please click on the yellow "Online Feedback" button to provide your feedback.
Publication and disclosure of personal information
Please note that all comments become part of the Policy, Regulation and Research Division’s database and may be published, including the identity of organizations and those participating on behalf of organizations. The identity of those who have participated on their own behalf will be kept confidential according to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Publication by WorkSafeBC does not mean WorkSafeBC endorses the view(s) of the person making the submission.