2018 Public hearings on proposed regulatory amendments
WorkSafeBC is holding public hearings for the following proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation:
- Parts 8 and 34, Safety Headgear, sections 8.11(2) and 34.14(d)
- Part 8, Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment,
section 8.14 – 8.18, eye and face protection
- Part 20, Construction, Excavation and Demolition,
section 20.1 and 20.17 – 20.26, concrete formwork and falsework
- Part 21, Blasting Operations,
section 21.61, 21.63, and 21.73, electrical initiation and returning to the blast site
- Part 24, Diving, Fishing, and Other Marine Operations,
section 24.1, 24.69, 24.124, and 24.96.1 - 24.96.3, definitions, fishing operations, seining, and new sections
- Parts 20, 23, 24, 26, and 34, Various topics, sections 20.47(2), 23.22(a), 24.21(1), 34.4(1)(a)(i), and Table 26-8, housekeeping amendments
- Parts 5, 23, and 29, Chemical Agents and Biological Agents, Oil and Gas, Aircraft Operations, sections 5.27(3), 23.63(6) and 29.16(2), prime contractor
In addition to the public hearings, the proposed regulatory amendments are now posted along with explanatory notes and details of the public hearings. WorkSafeBC welcomes your feedback on the proposals either through written submissions or participation at the oral public hearings. All feedback received will be presented to WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors for their consideration.
Written submissions will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on, Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
The public consultation phase is separate from the public hearing process. If you provided comments during consultation, and you wish your feedback to be considered, please make another submission on the proposed changes.