Post-Concussion Management Program
If a person has a delayed recovery from a work-related concussion, we may refer them to our network of post-concussion management providers for interdisciplinary assessment and treatment. This network is made up of providers who have long term contracts with us. These contracts come up for bidding periodically.
Overview of services
The Post-Concussion Management Program (PCMP) is an outpatient interdisciplinary program delivered by a team of physicians, neuropsychologists, psychologists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists who are dedicated to concussion care. The clinical team will develop an individualised treatment plan to address the specific needs of each worker in the program.
Program services may include:
- Interdisciplinary treatment modules (a daily group education and activity program)
- Customised services (individual sessions with team members as needed)
- Comprehensive neuropsychological assessment, if required
- Return-to-work planning and monitoring
- Post-discharge community re-integration
Individual and group treatment may include:
- Education regarding concussion, concussion recovery, and symptom management
- Medical support
- Psychological counselling
- Activities to promote cognitive and physical recovery and aerobic conditioning
- Real and/or simulated work activities
- Return-to-work planning and support as required. This may include job site visits
Becoming a provider
Our long-term Post-Concussion Management Program contracts come up for bidding every few years. To become a provider, you need to apply when the bidding process begins.
We post notifications on Bid Opportunities when contracts are up for bidding. All the information you need, including how to submit your bid, will be available in the posted documents.
Through Bid Opportunities, when contracts are up for bidding. All the information you need, including how to submit your bid, will be available in the posted documents.
Submitting reports and invoices
All the information you need to complete our required paperwork is available in the contract documents you sign with us.
Post-Concussion Management Program providers have access to our Provider portal. This secure online portal lets you efficiently receive referrals, submit reports and invoices, and check the status of your payment.
Need more information?
We want to make sure you have all the information you need to work with us as a health care provider. If you have questions, please contact us for help.