WorkSafeBC Home

Hearing Aid Services

When people have an accepted claim with us for occupational noise-induced or traumatic hearing loss, we refer them to our network of Hearing Aid Service providers. This network is made up of providers who have long-term contracts with us. These contracts come up for bidding periodically.

Overview of services

Our Hearing Aid Services program covers hearing aids and related services for workers with accepted work-related hearing loss claims.

The Hearing Aid Provider Services Agreement and the Hearing Aid Provider Reference Manual explain all of our program requirements. Please refer to the Hearing Aid Provider Fee Schedule for a list of fee codes and services.

Please note that a hearing aid is replaced only when required, regardless of its age. Each time a hearing aid is replaced a rationale must be noted and supported with a completed Hearing Aid Replacement Information form. Additionally, if the aid is less than five years old, prior authorization from our Hearing Loss Claims Department is required before the new hearing aid may be dispensed.

If you have questions, we're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Services team.

Becoming a provider

Our long-term Hearing Aid Provider contracts in B.C. are open to new providers on an ongoing basis in some areas of the province; for other areas of the province, the bidding comes up every few years. To become a provider, you need to apply when the bidding process begins.

We post notifications on Bid Opportunities for the regions of the province that are open, and also when contracts are up for bidding. All the information you need, including how to submit your bid, will be available in the posted documents. You will also find information on how to apply for a hearing aid provider contract if you are a provider located outside of B.C. 

Through Bid Opportunities, you can also sign up to receive automatic notifications whenever one of these bids is posted.

Becoming an out-of-province provider

We have a network of qualified hearing aid providers who have a Hearing Aid Provider Agreement for outside the province.

If you are a hearing aid clinic outside of B.C. and want to treat an injured worker who has a claim with us, please complete and return an Expression of Interest through Bid Opportunities at your earliest convenience. Once we receive your complete submission we will provide you with a hearing aid contract, which will allow you to treat the worker and invoice us for your services.

If you're not contracted to provide hearing aids and related services, you may not invoice us.

For questions regarding the contract process for clinics outside of B.C., please email

Submitting reports and invoices

All the information you need to complete our required paperwork is available in the contract documents you sign with us.

Mandatory education video

The Hearing Aid Services Provider education session video is available on the Udutu Learning Management System. It's an important tool for training new staff and educating existing staff who provide services to WorkSafeBC’s injured workers. You’ll learn about the clinical and administrative responsibilities of contracted service providers and the resources that are available to you.