WorkSafeBC Home

Speech-language pathologists

When workers have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include consultation with a speech-language pathologist.

Becoming a provider

There's no formal process to become one of our speech-language pathology (SLP) providers. You must be a member in good standing with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of B.C. You must get our approval before treating an injured worker, and follow our fee schedule.

Getting approval for treatment

Before beginning treatment, you need to complete two steps:

Steps for treatment approval

  1. 1

    Check that we have accepted the worker's claim.

    You can check the claim status online.

  2. 2

    Get our verbal approval each time for treatments.

    Please note that checking online won't get you the necessary verbal approval for treatment. You'll need to call our Teleclaim team for this.

Need more information?

We want to make sure you have all the information you need to work with us as a health care provider. If you have questions, please contact us for help. You can also download a copy of our contact information.

Question about: Please contact:
Your payee information Procurement Services
Invoicing or billing Payment Services
Information about a claim Claims Call Centre
Understanding the clinical services within the scope of the fee schedule Health Care Programs