WorkSafeBC Home


When people have a work-related injury or disease, we help them get the health care and rehabilitation services they need. This may include consultation with an optometrist. We pay for optometry treatment for workers who suffer a work-related eye injury.

Becoming a provider

There's no formal process or contract required for optometrists to work with us. You need to be in good standing with the College of Optometrists of B.C. You must check the status of an injured worker's claim and get our approval for treatment. 

Getting approval for treatment

If we contact you to request services on behalf of a worker, your services are approved. Otherwise, you need to complete two steps before beginning treatment.

Steps for treatment approval

  1. 1

    Check that we have accepted the worker's claim.

    You can check the claim status online.

  2. 2

    Get our verbal approval each time for treatments.

    Please note that checking online won't get you the necessary verbal approval for treatment. You'll need to call our Teleclaim team for this.

Need more information?

We're here to help. Please contact our Health Care Programs team.