WorkSafeBC Home

Submitting a complaint

If you’re considering submitting a prohibited action complaint, please start by using our complaint assessment tool. Please also review our tips for submitting a detailed complaint.

Complaint assessment tool

Before you submit a complaint, use our complaint assessment tool to determine whether submitting a complaint is right for you. It asks you questions about your issue and provides customized answers which may help you understand the basic requirements of a prohibited action complaint. Please note that the assessment tool is not legal advice.

Start complaint assessment

How to submit a complaint form

If you decide to submit a complaint, please follow the steps below.

1. Complete a complaint form

A complaint must be made to us in writing. Please download and complete a Worker Prohibited Action Complaint (Form 57W1).

If you’re making a complaint about an employer’s failure to pay wages as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, please complete a Failure to Pay OHS Regulation Wages Complaint (Form 57W33).

2. Submit your complaint form

You can submit your Prohibited Action Complaint documents using our secure, online portal.

Submit online

Alternatively, you can submit your complaint by:

  • Email to
  • Mail to WorkSafeBC, Prohibited Action Complaints Section, PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver, BC V6B 5L5
  • Fax to 604.233.4040

Need help?

If you have questions or would like to speak to us about your complaint, please call our prohibited action complaints team at 604.232.1864 or toll-free at 1.888.967.5377, extension 1864.

Tips for meeting our requirements in your submission

Be thorough

We ask that you be clear and specific in your complaint, and include:

  • A detailed account of the event in question — explain precisely what happened, who was involved, and when and where it occurred
  • Other relevant dates, times, and places
  • Copies of any relevant documents
  • If applicable, written, signed statements from witnesses

Be discreet

We are required to disclose to employers or unions all information from prohibited action complaints. We ask that you do not include information in your complaint that you aren’t willing to disclose to your employer or union.