Ensuring your workers are represented and engaged contributes to a healthier and safer workplace
As an employer, you are responsible for workplace health and safety planning. Building a strong workplace health and safety culture helps prevent workplace injury, disease, and death.
Engage your workers in health and safety
Engage with your workers to identify health and safety risks at your workplace, and follow up with a plan to minimize those risks. Have a conversation about safety with your team, build on their input, and ensure they feel heard. Some ways to start:
- Have a chat over coffee to address safety concerns and listen to feedback
- Take a walk across the factory floor to identify potential risks together
- Review your joint health and safety committee action items as a team
Use the tools and resources below to build a culture of health and safety together at your workplace.
- My Health and Safety Resources Tool (interactive resource finder)
- Creating a Key Risk Inventory for Your Workplace: Engaging Your Workers to Help Manage Risks (guide)
- Planning for health and safety (webpage)
- Engaging your workers in health and safety (webpage)