Guide to Completing an Employer Incident Investigation Report (EIIR)
This guide, to be used in conjunction with the fillable Employer Incident Investigation Report (Form 52E40), will walk you through the process of completing an EIIR, which is required under the Workers Compensation Act.
Ways to submit an Employer Incident Investigation Report (EIIR)
- Through our online services, which includes convenient features such as being able to:
- Create preliminary and full investigation reports
- Prepopulate information from your preliminary report
- Save a partially completed report
- View any prior reports submitted through online services
- If you are using our fillable PDF template or your own reporting template, you can upload your report to us.
- Alternatively, you can fax your report to 604.276.3247 (toll-free at 1.866.240.1434) or send by mail to: WorkSafeBC, PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver, BC V6B 5L5.
If the incident is related to fishing, please use the Fishing Incident Investigation Report.
View the Conducting an employer investigation page for more information.