Employer Incident Investigation Report (Form 52E40)
Employers are responsible for investigating certain incidents or near misses that take place in the workplace and submitting an investigation report to WorkSafeBC. These investigations help employers and WorkSafeBC determine why an incident happened and what can be done to prevent similar situations in the future.
Ways to submit an Employer Incident Investigation Report (EIIR)
- Through our online reporting tool, which includes convenient features such as being able to:
- Create preliminary and full investigation reports
- Prepopulate information from your preliminary report
- Save a partially completed report
- View any prior reports submitted through online services
- If you are using our fillable PDF template or your own reporting template, you can upload your report to us.
- Alternatively, you can fax your report to 604.276.3247 (toll-free at 1.866.240.1434) or send by mail to: WorkSafeBC, PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver, BC V6B 5L5.
If the incident is related to fishing, please use the Fishing Incident Investigation Report.
View the Conducting an employer investigation page for more information.