Reference Guide for Employer Incident Investigations
This guide is intended for those who conduct or participate in workplace incident investigations: employers, joint health and safety committee members, worker representatives, and others. It will help you effectively prepare to investigate an incident at your workplace and supports further training in incident investigations.
Ways to submit an Employer Incident Investigation Report (EIIR)
- Through our online services, which includes convenient features such as being able to:
- Create preliminary and full investigation reports
- Prepopulate information from your preliminary report
- Save a partially completed report
- View any prior reports submitted through online services
- If you are using our fillable PDF template or your own reporting template, you can upload your report to us.
- Alternatively, you can fax your report to 604.276.3247 (toll-free at 1.866.240.1434) or send by mail to: WorkSafeBC, PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver, BC V6B 5L5.
If the incident is related to fishing, please use the Fishing Incident Investigation Report.
View the Conducting an employer investigation page for more information.