2019 Fall Public hearings on proposed regulatory changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
WorkSafeBC will be holding public hearings for proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
The proposed regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Part 8, Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment, section 8.24, High visibility apparel
- Part 16, Mobile Equipment, with consequential amendments to 9 other Parts
- Part 20, Construction, Excavation and Demolition, section 20.47, Equipment inspection
- Part 21, Blasting Operations
A cross-reference for the proposed amendments to Part 16, Mobile Equipment can be found here.
In addition to the public hearings, the proposed regulatory amendments are now posted along with explanatory notes and details of the public hearings. WorkSafeBC welcomes your feedback on the proposals either through written submissions or participation at the oral public hearings. All feedback received will be presented to WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors for their consideration.
To provide online feedback please click on the hyperlink for the regulatory amendment package you are interested in, and open the proposed amendments. Once opened, please click on the yellow "Online Feedback" button to provide your feedback.
Written submissions will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on, Friday, November 22, 2019.
The public consultation phase is separate from the public hearing process. If you provided comments during consultation please make another submission on the proposed changes.
Public Hearing Details
For each public hearing location there will be two session times. The first takes place between 3 to 5 p.m. and the second 7 to 9 p.m.
The public hearings are scheduled, as follows:
Public Hearing Details
|October 29, 2019||Ramada Plaza
444 George Street, Prince George, B.C.
|November 5, 2019||Coast Kamloops Hotel
1250 Rogers Way, Kamloops, B.C.
|November 7, 2019||Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
100 Harbour Road, Victoria, B.C.
|November 14, 2019||Pacific Gateway Hotel
3500 Cessna Drive, Richmond, B.C.
To register to make an oral presentation at the public hearings
Registration is required to make an oral presentation at a public hearing location. To register, please call 604.232.7744 or toll free in B.C. at 1.866.614.7744. One presentation from an organization or individual will be permitted.
A maximum of 10 minutes will be allotted to each person or organization per regulatory amendment package, and a maximum of 20 minutes for comments on multiple amendment packages.
When registering, please have the following information available:
- Name of presenter
- Whether you represent a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Whether you are presenting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Public hearing location you wish to make your presentation
- Preferred session time (afternoon or evening)
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
Confirmation of the hearing time will be sent to you after registration.