WorkSafeBC Home

Mobile cranes & boom trucks

In B.C., crane operators must have certification that's acceptable to WorkSafeBC in order to operate cranes in any of the three general crane categories: boom trucks, mobile cranes, or tower cranes.

The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation requires employers to ensure that a professional engineer provides annual certification of mobile cranes.

See the following resources and links for information on working safely with and around mobile cranes and boom trucks.