WorkSafeBC Home

Traffic control person training

Employers must ensure a risk assessment is conducted by a qualified person to determine if traffic control persons (TCPs) will be used. Traffic control persons (TCPs) must be trained:

WorkSafeBC only considers training offered by the following providers as meeting acceptable standards and requirements:

Traffic control work in lower risk locations — such as parking lots and vessel loading areas — can be done by a traffic assistant. Traffic assistants can be trained by their employers, as long as the training addresses the hazards specific to the workplace and includes coursework and a practical component. See section 18.6.3 of the OHS Regulation for more details.