Pain and Medication Management Program
When people have an injury at work, we may refer them to our network of Pain and Medication Management Program (PMMP) providers. This network is made up of providers who have long-term contracts with us. These contracts come up for bidding periodically.
New report templates available
On May 1, 2023, we updated our report templates and reference manual for this program to reflect abilities-focused language, including new discharge status categories.
Please use the updated templates available in the Resources section below. To learn more, read the bulletin on abilities-focused language.
Overview of services
Injured workers who have complex pain issues may be referred to our Pain and Medication Management Program team. It includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, physicians, and pharmacists.
Program services may include:
- Pain Management Modules (a daily group education and activation program)
- Customized services (individual session with team members as needed)
- Return-to-work planning and monitoring
- Post-discharge follow-up
- Coordination of sympathetic blocks or other diagnostic and/or therapeutic injections
- Medication Management Modules (a daily group education and activation program for medication management)
Individual and group treatment may include:
- Education and training in pain and stress management
- Psychological counselling
- Exercise, and real and/or simulated work activities
- Medication management
- Return-to-work planning and support as required. This may include job site visits.
Becoming a provider
Our long-term Pain and Medication Management Program contracts come up for bidding every few years. To become a provider, you need to apply when the bidding process begins.
We post notifications on Bid Opportunities when contracts are up for bidding. All the information you need, including how to submit your bid, will be available in the posted documents.
Through Bid Opportunities, you can also sign up for automatic notifications whenever one of these bids is posted.
Submitting reports and invoices
All the information you need to complete our required paperwork is available in the contract documents you sign with us.
Pain and Medication Management Program providers have access to our Provider Portal. This secure online portal lets you efficiently receive referrals, submit reports and invoices, and check the status of your payment.
Need more information?
We want to make sure you have all the information you need to work with us as a health care provider. If you have questions, please contact us for help. You can also download a copy of our contact information.