New resource on inspecting and certifying mobile cranes and boom trucks
Catastrophic failure of mobile cranes and boom trucks can lead to serious injury or death. If you are an owner or certifying engineer, learn more about your responsibilities to inspect and certify this equipment.
Mobile cranes and boom trucks must be inspected (i.e., critical mechanical components) and certified each year to reduce the risk of failure. A new safety bulletin, Annual inspection and certification requirements for mobile cranes and boom trucks, is now available and features the following information:
- Responsibilities of both owners and certifying engineers
- Factors that certifying engineers use to make inspection decisions
- Qualifications needed for individuals who perform inspections
- What information must be included on the certificate
- References to appropriate legislation
For more information, please visit worksafebc.com/cranes.