Prohibited action complaints - Workers

If you are a worker who becomes aware of unsafe or unhealthy conditions at the workplace and report it to someone at work or to WorkSafeBC, you are raising a health or safety issue. If you do so, you are legally exercising a right or carrying out a duty under the Workers Compensation Act.

It is illegal for an employer or union to penalize you for raising a health or safety issue at work. If you experience negative actions from your employer or union after raising a health and safety concern, you can submit a prohibited action complaint.

Publication Date: Apr 6, 2020 File type: PDF (132 KB) Asset type: Information Sheet