Discussion Paper - Policy frameworks arising from the Workers Compensation Amendment Act, 2002
The Workers Compensation Amendment Act, 2002 ("Amendment Act, 2002") changed many aspects of the workers' compensation system in British Columbia including changes to compensation benefits for injured workers.
In order to implement these changes, the Workers' Compensation Board ("Board") had to bring its compensation policies in line with the legislation. In this regard, the Policy and Regulation Development Bureau ("Bureau") drafted policy overviews outlining proposed changes to existing policies along with new policy frameworks in keeping with the new legislation.
The various policy overview documents are listed below:
- Average Earnings
- Compensation Rate, Calculation of Average Net Earnings and Duration of Temporary Benefits
- Permanent Disability Awards
- Integration of Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Indexing of Compensation Benefits
- Mental Stress
- Obligation to Provide Information