Not just a prescription pad: A multimodal approach to chronic non-cancer pain management
Physicians, nurse practitioners, and other allied health care providers are invited to participate in a free accredited virtual workshop to learn more about current best practices in the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Date: January 24, 2022
- Time: 6:00-8:30 p.m.
- Location: Online, for practitioners living or practicing in Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Maple Ridge, and Tsawwassen areas only. Link provided upon registration.
- Safe prescribing of opioids
- Tapering strategies, substitutions, and exit strategies
- Various pharmacological and non-pharmacological strategies for the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain
- Community and regional resources
- WorkSafeBC-funded treatment programs
This session is accredited by UBC CPD for up to 2.25 MOC Section 1 or 2.25 Mainpro+ Group Learning credits, and aligns with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C.’s standards for the safe prescribing of opioids.
- Dr. Launette Rieb, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Practice, UBC; Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Dr. Peter Rothfels, Chief Medical Officer at WorkSafeBC