Amendments to Occupational Health and Safety Regulation in effect September 1, 2021
New and revised regulatory requirements for pesticides, safety headgear, high-visibility apparel, and mobile equipment are now in effect.
Amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation came into effect on September 1, 2021. These amendments affect the following sections:
- Pesticides (Part 6)
- Safety headgear (Part 8)
- High-visibility apparel (Part 8)
- Mobile equipment (Part 16)
Some non-substantive changes, including changed terminology and cross-references to the above amended sections, were also made throughout the OHS Regulation. New and revised OHS guidelines are also available to provide additional information and support.
For more information on the amendments, please see the following:
- Overview: Changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, September 2021
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on restricted entry intervals for pesticides
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on safety headgear
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on high-visibility apparel
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on mobile equipment
In addition, Safety headgear: Rights and responsibilities is a resource for workers that explains how the revised requirements for safety headgear affect them. This resource is also available in Punjabi.