Inspection reports now available online
WorkSafeBC inspections are an important part of ensuring health and safety in B.C. workplaces. During an inspection, a prevention officer will inspect your workplace and assess safe work practices in accordance with the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation.
The outcomes of an inspection are documented in an inspection report that contains details about the inspection, as well as additional information and resources that may be of value to the workplace.
To provide more convenient and easy access to this important information, we’ve introduced a new online application that enables employers to access electronic copies of their past inspection reports.
Our online inspection reports application will help employers:
- Easily access an inspection report to see what actions are still required and what they must do to comply.
- Grant access to the reports to the people in their organization who can put the necessary actions in place to comply with orders.
- Support their health and safety planning by viewing their inspectional history and tracking their compliance progress.
How to access your inspection reports online
To find your inspection reports online, you will need to log in to your online services account and set up access through one of the following ways:
- If you are the administrator of your online services account, you can give yourself access by selecting “Change my or another user’s access to online tools” under the For administrators menu.
- If you are not the administrator of your online services account, you will need to request access from the account’s administrator(s). You can do this by selecting “Request a change in my access to online tools” under the My profile menu.
Once you have access, click on the “Health & Safety” tab and you will see a link to “View inspection reports.”