Proposed Amendments – Release for consultation of proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
Consultation: Sections 13.11, 14.1 and 14.2, Cranes and Hoists, construction material hoists
WorkSafeBC's Board of Directors approved the release for consultation of proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments being taken to public hearing in 2016.
There are 11 regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Section 4.43.1, General Conditions, new section, storage racks
- Section 4.56, General Conditions, work area guards and handrails
- Section 6.4, Substance Specific Requirements, asbestos inventory
- Section 12.83.1, Tools, Machinery and Equipment, new section, chassis dynamometer
- Sections 13.11, 14.1 and 14.2, Cranes and Hoists, construction material hoists
- Section 14.5, Cranes and Hoists, rated capacity indicators and Section 14.11, Cranes and Hoists, support structures
- Section 14.81, Cranes and Hoists, limit devices
- Section 20.2, Construction, Excavation and Demolition, notice of project
- Section 22.12(1) and (2), Underground Workings, underground supervisors
- Section 23.69, Oil and Gas, flow piping systems
- Section 26.13.4, Forestry Operations and Similar Activities, new subsection, saw chain shot
Consultation closed March 31, 2016.