BOD Decision – 2016/01/26-02 – OHS Penalty Policies
On January 26, 2016, WorkSafeBC's Board of Directors (BOD) approved changes to the OHS Penalty Policies, following consultation in the fall of 2015.
- Overall changes to streamline, clarify, and update existing policies.
- Changes to penalty amount calculations to make penalties more proportionate relative to an employer's size and the seriousness of the circumstances.
The following policies were amended:
- D12-196-1 OHS Penalty Criteria
- D12-196-3 Transfer of OHS History
- D12-196-6 OHS Penalty Amounts
- D24-73-1 Claims Cost Levies
In addition Policy D8-160-1 (First Aid — Special Rate of Assessment) was deleted.
The policy changes apply to all violations on and after March 1, 2016.