BOD Decision -2014/03/19-02 – Chapter 10 of the Rehabilitation Services & Claims Manual, Volume II
On March 19, 2014, the Board of Directors approved amendments to policies in Chapter 10, which are the health care entitlement policies, in the Rehabilitation Services & Claims Manual, Volume II.
The new policies:
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of health care providers, workers, employers and WorkSafeBC regarding the provision of health care benefits to injured workers;
- Provide additional benefits and services for severely disabled workers;
- Reflect clinical best practices for the provision of health care benefits such as opioids and other drugs of addiction;
- Provide expanded benefits where a worker travels for the purpose of health care; and
- Provide consistency in content, formatting and style.
The amendments were effective January 1, 2015.
NOTE: On October 23, 2014, the Board of Directors approved minor amendments to three policies in the revised Chapter 10 to reflect the addition of nurse practitioners to the definition of qualified practitioner. The amendments also came into effect on January 1, 2015. Further information and the complete resolution can be viewed here.