Amendments to Occupational Health and Safety Regulation now in effectPublished on: June 04, 2019
In early 2019, WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors approved amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation.
The amendments, which came into effect on June 3, 2019, affect the following sections of the OHS Regulation:
- Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (Part 8)
- Safety Headgear (Part 8 and Part 34)
- Construction, Excavation and Demolition – Concrete Formwork and Falsework (Part 20)
- Blasting Operations (Part 21)
- Diving, Fishing and Other Marine Operations – Personal Flotation Device (Part 24)
Some non-substantive changes, including corrections to spelling and outdated terminology, were also made throughout the OHS Regulation.
For more information on the amendments, please review: